What information should I know about the batteries for my I-Series?
- The Tobii Dynavox I-Series device contains a rechargeable battery. All rechargeable batteries degrade over time. Thus the possible usage times for the Tobii Dynavox I-Series after a full charge can become shorter over time than when the device was new.
- The Tobii Dynavox I-Series device uses a Li-ion Polymer battery.
If you are in a hot environment, be aware that it can affect the ability to charge the battery. The internal temperature has to be between 0°C/32°F and 45°C/113°F for the battery to charge. If the internal battery temperature raises above 45°C/113°F the battery will not charge at all.
Move the Tobii Dynavox I-Series device to a cooler environment to let the battery charge properly.
- Avoid exposing the Tobii Dynavox I-Series device to fire or to temperatures above 60°C/140°F. These conditions may cause the battery to malfunction, generate heat, ignite, or explode. Be aware that it is possible, in a worst case scenario, for temperatrues to reach greater than those stated above in, for example, the trunk of a car on a hot day. So storing the Tobii Dynavox I-Series device in a hot care trunk could conceivably lead to a malfunction.
- Use only the supplied power adapter to charge the Tobii Dynavox I-Series device. Using unauthorized power adapters may severely damage the Tobii Dynavox I-Series device.
- Do not open, or modify, the casing of the Tobii Dynavox I-Series or of the power supply, since you may be exposed to potentially hazardous electrical voltage. The device contains no serviceable parts. If the Tobii Dynavox I-Series device or it's accessories are mechanically damaged, do not use them.
- If the Power Supply Cord is damaged it needs to be replaced by Service Personnel only. Do not use the Power Supply Cord until replaced.
- Special regulations apply to shipping devices containing Li-ion Polymer batteries. If dropped, crushed, or short-circuited, these batteries can release dangerous amounts of heat and may ignite, and are dangerous in fires.
Please reference IATA regulations when shipping lithium metal or lithium ion batteries or cells: http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dangerous_goods/Pages/lithium_batteries.aspx
- The Power adapters shall not be used without an adult or Caregiver supervision.