The track status box is a good tool to use to figure out if the device is at a proper distance from the user's eyes and if the user's eye are appearing accurately by the eye tracker. Here are some things to look for in the track status box.
- Two solid dots should appear in the black box that represent the user's eyes.
- There should be no or very little flickering of the dots.
- The dots do not need to be centered but they should not be too close to the edges.
- Look at the white triangle along the multi-colored side bar – this represents optimal distance.
- Too near the top means the eye tracker is too close.
- Too near the bottom means the eye tracker is too far.