If you want to enable audible queue through the speakers and the headphone jack, these are the recommended settings for each hardware device:
For the Tobii I-Series and Tobii Dynavox I-Series+:
- Right click on the speaker icon choose Recording Devices
- Right click on Microphone and choose show disconnected devices
- Right click on stereo mixer and choose enable.
- Right click on stereo mixer and choose properties
- Choose the listen tab, then check listen to this device. Make sure speakers (Tobii I series ext headphones) is selected.
- Go into Communicator sound settings choose the Playback Devices tab7. Change Communicative Sounds to Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
For the Tobii C-Series:
For all other computers:
- CSHO change audio to left channel only and enable headphones
- Restart Tc if needed.
- In Sound Settings, enable audible cue under the Audible Cue tab
- In Sound Settings, change Feedback sounds to right channel under the Playback Devices tab.
- Insert headphones/speakers and test
We cannot give you any general recommendations for non-Tobii hardware since these settings depend very much on the specific hardware and software settings of your computer. It is however a good starting point to experiment with the recommendations above for our Tobii devices.